Top Five Water Activities at Summer Camp: Including Some You Can Do at Home!
Summer Camp is a wonderful summer option for your child for many reasons. One of our favorite parts of the summer at Camp Sonshine is WATER ACTIVITIES! Water play is a fun, refreshing way to engage our bodies and minds and have tons of fun with friends and family. At Camp Sonshine, however, we strongly believe the fun doesn’t have to end once the campers return home! Check out some of the fun water activities that take place at Camp Sonshine each summer, as well as some that you can do at home with the whole family!
1. The Pond:
- The Pond is THE top-ranked activity at Camp Sonshine year after year! Campers get to swim, float on lily pads, and play countless canoe and floating games! We treat our water so it’s safe for swimming and splashing, and everyone, regardless of swimming ability, is required to wear a life vest for extra safety!
2. Turbo Slide:
- Speaking of the Pond being a camper favorite, the Turbo Slide, a huge water slide that ends up on the tail end of our pond, is right behind it! Campers can go down the slide by themselves or with an inflatable tube for extra fun!
3. Splash Landing:
- Splash Landing is an absolute favorite for our younger campers at Camp Sonshine! Campers can safely engage in water play by interacting with the large inflatable boat, sliding down the slide into the water, and even floating in their own small rowboats!
4. Aqua Zone:
- Our Aqua Zone at Camp Sonshine is the PERFECT camp water activity that you can participate in at home with your family! Campers and staff use water squirters, buckets of water, and sometimes even the water hose during their time at Aqua Zone with one goal in mind: get one another soaked! Campers love the creativity and freedom such a simple activity provides, and its simplicity of supplies makes it a perfect water activity for your family in the hot summer months!
5. Turtle Run:
- Turtle Run is a large tarp-like slip and slide for our younger campers to slide down at Camp Sonshine! Although sometimes we use a super fun foam machine to add to the excitement of the Turtle Run, typically only utilizing water and tear-free soap makes this another option for your family to do at home with a tarp or slip and slide!
As you can see, Water Activities are a huge hit for the hot summers in Maryland at Camp Sonshine! We hope your campers have the chance to get a taste of each of them this summer 2021 at Camp Sonshine, and we hope you bring some of the concepts home to enjoy with your entire family!