Top 5 Summer Activities For Kids In Maryland
Most parents get stressed when their kids are out of school for the summer. We have an amazing list of fun activities that we have found to be the best way to spend your summer as a kid. Kids love it and parents can rest assured they gave their children the best summer ever! We believe that every kid deserves fun, safe and convenient activities during the summer.
Attend a Summer Camp:
- There are numerous camps all over Maryland from Specialty camps to your traditional fun day camp. A summer camp experience is very exciting for kids as they get to make new friends, try something new, and make memories that last a lifetime. Summer camps are a unique avenue for children to become more independent, learn new skills, and become more self-confident.
- Maryland offers a vast assortment of hiking trails and beautiful view points that a whole family can experience together. Kids have a lot of energy and going hiking, experiencing nature, and maybe getting a little dirty is fun for all ages. Some locations that are family friendly include the Patapsco Valley State Park, Gunpowder Falls State Park, and Cunningham Falls State Park. The list goes on and on. Don’t forget to bring your camera and capture your awesome family experience.
Visit Your Local Beach/Lake:
- It can get pretty hot and humid in Maryland during the summer. What better way to cool off and have fun, then to visit your local beach or swimmable lake. There are countless spots all over Maryland including Ocean City, Deep Creek Lake, Sandy Point State Park, and if you are up for a drive that is a little farther into Pennsylvania there is a super fun spot called Guppy Gulch. All of these spots offer a lot of fun for the whole family and a new experience for most kids.
- This is a great way to bond as a family. Whether you drive hours to one of many Maryland camping grounds, Camp in your backyard, or even in your family room, your kids will have a blast doing something different. Camping is great for kids to experience something different and be exposed to the feeling of adventure. We live in a digital age and this is a great experience for the whole family to be unplugged and enjoy each others company in a fun way.
- Maryland is home to some major cities including Baltimore and Washington D.C. There are countless local events every weekend that are family friendly. These are great exposure for kids as they get to experience new things like maybe a new favorite food at a farmers market event or pick up a new favorite hobby after visiting an interactive painting exhibit. There are countless sites that have all of these family friendly events posted like Visit Baltimore.