The Pool is one of the top activities at camp. We go to the pool multiple times a week at one of the dozens of pools nearby!
We visit over 12 different pools and water parks each week at camp. We go to specific pools that fit our different age groups wants and needs! There are so many options in the state of Maryland that there is always diversity in the pools we visit so our campers can enjoy new options and activites at the differnt pools. We visit new pools every summer to make sure we are providing the best for our camp families!
This activity is great for your camper to make new friends and spend quality time with loving counselors. It is also a safe space for your camper to reach new goals by challenging themselves to move up a level in their swimming ability accompanied by trained staff and lifeguards. We believe it is important to challenge yourself especially in a safe environment like Camp Sonshine.
Fun Pool Facts:
- The oldest known swimming pool is in Pakistan.
- An Olympic-sized pool can hold up to 850,000 gallons of water.
- The United States has an estimated 10.4 million residential swimming pools.
- Half of Americans can’t swim or perform basic safety skills.
- The largest swimming pool in the world is in Chile and has an area of 19.77 acres and can hold 66 million gallons of water.