Five Reasons Sending Your Child to Summer Camp Means Giving Them the BEST Summer Ever!
As a parent, you always desire the best for your child. Whether it be providing them the opportunity to receive a quality education, develop meaningful friendships, or discover what they love and will excel at, we understand the pressure that can be put on a parent to provide these opportunities for their children. Thankfully, Camp Sonshine is here to ease some of the burden of finding what we believe to be the best way for your child to spend their summer. Let’s explore five of the top reasons why providing Summer Camp to your child ensures they are receiving the best summer possible!
- Summer Camp provides ample opportunities to foster independence in your child in a safe, friendly environment! Your child will be able to become more themselves as they navigate the joys and challenges of making new friends, making hard choices, and learning to rely on themselves in a place made just for that.
- As we mentioned in number one, Summer Camp allows for your child to make new friends. As anyone who’s been to Summer Camp can tell you, the activities are great, but nothing comes close to the memories made with friends! Summer after summer your child has the chance to make new friends and develop lifelong, positive friendships.
3. Get Unplugged:
- Summer Camp gets your child unplugged and moving! We all know computers, TV’s, tablets, phones, and other forms of technology tend to occupy most of our days. Summer Camp provides the unique opportunity of getting your child off their phone or game, and outside exploring nature and physical activities with their peers! The benefits of unplugging from technology and getting outside, such as less anxiety, better sleep, and more opportunity for exercise, are life-changing. Summer Camp is an easy, fool-proof way to ensure your child is being provided with those great benefits!
- Participating in new and sometimes challenging activities develops great confidence in children! Problem-solving while participating in these activities, like our High Ropes Course at Camp Sonshine, nourishes confidence and bravery to take on seemingly hard and impossible challenges in the real world.
- Lastly, Summer Camp is FUN! Today kids are given tons of responsibility and have great expectations placed on them. We see it in academia, athletics, and many other important areas and activities. Summer Camp provides your child with an opportunity to relax and be a kid, not to mention a chance to feel real gratitude for you providing them with the best summer ever!