Camp Sonshine 2020 Health & Safety Update
We want to express our love, support, and prayers for all those around the world and in the states that have been impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. The situation that we find ourselves in is concerning and will require that we respond appropriately. One of the Core Values at Camp Sonshine is Legendary Service. For us, this means delivering exceptional and exceeding expectations. My team and I are preparing to respond to this virus in a Legendary Way and we are committed to serving our community with safety, determination, and wisdom.
We want all of you to know that we are planning on being open as usual this summer!
Spring Break Camp Plans:
Currently, we are still planning on operating Spring Break Camp as scheduled. As of now, the school system and the governor have not made any decisions regarding spring break. Many of the summer measures listed below will be taken in measure for our spring break campers. The major change for our Spring Break camp will be the schedule concerning the field trips. We will be sending an updated schedule next week. Our plan is to reduce outside field trips as much as possible. Please feel free to contact our Parent Services team next week for more details and we will send information to all registrations.
Year Round Events Updates:
Click HERE to learn more!
Summer Camp Plans:
We are currently working to establish the following measures for all of our locations:
- Hand Sanitizing Stations at all activity locations and arrival/departure areas
- This includes soap, water, paper towels, and hand sanitizer.
- Mandatory hand Washing when entering and exiting the facilities.
- We are adjusting our schedules to include mandatory water and bathroom breaks to encourage health and safety (which will help with handwashing).
- Our first aid stations will have increased staff.
- All of our Leadership and Head Counselors will be given First Aid Training (as normal).
- All First Aid kits include Hand Sanitizer that is refilled each day.
- An Infectious Disease Doctor and General Health Physician will conduct weekly staff health checks.
- If necessary all campers will be screened before being allowed to join groups for the day.
- This will be based on recommendations and information from the CDC and Health Department as we get closer to the summer.
- Healthy Contact and Hygiene Training will be given every week during assembly time and staff meetings.
- Parent Health and Safety Seminar date TBD, we will host a parent information time with a panel of Doctors and Health officials to answer questions and advise parents.